- Helping ministries with in the parish for assistance with any of these ministries call the parish office at 899-5342 or send an email.
- Eucharistic Ministry to Sick and Homebound – Keeps sick and homebound parishioners connected to the parish through weekly visits to bring communion. If you know someone who would like this service please call the parish office.
- Grief - Companions in Grief Ministry accompanies parishioners on their grief journey by making visits, phone calls, or sending cards and reading material.
- Healing Ministry - Offers God’s healing to all people through prayer and hands on healing. By allowing God to use our gifts of healing and love, we can restore our natural balance and health. Healings are offered after Mass twice a month.
- Home Help and Repairs - Provides cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, yard work, minor auto and home repairs on an emergency basis.
- Homebound Ministry - Provides contact with homebound parishioners though visits, cards, sending weekly bulletin or phone contact.
- Hospital Visitor - Visits parishioners in hospitals or nursing homes.
- Peer Ministry - Shares life experiences with other parishioners going through similar experiences; providing a presence of support & love on a one to one confidential basis. This is not professional advice of a medical, psychological, or human resource nature. The peer minister will listen, pray with you, share their experience and walk with you.
- Prayer Line - Takes prayer requests for anyone in need.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry - Shawls made by the ministry members are prayed over and given to people who are sick or suffering and in need of loving, prayerful support.
- Transportation - Provides rides to homebound parishioners to weekend Masses and church events. May also be asked to drive for appointments (on an emergency basis only).
- Support Groups
- OLM monthly Grief Support Group - Meets on the third Monday of each month with adjustments for holidays. Each session has prayer, instruction on the topic, small group sharing and a closing ritual. For information and a schedule see the bulletin or the flyer below.
- Divorced & Separated - Transitions: a peer ministry for divorced, widowed, and separated persons http://www.eriercd.org/transitions.asp
- AA - meets Tuesday at 8pm or Saturdays at 10am in Sperry Hall at Our Lady of Mercy
- Cancer support group - sponsored by the Erie Diocese
- PALS (People After Loss from Suicide) - is a grief support group that offers encouragement and education to all who suffer from the loss of a loved one from suicide. http://www.eriercd.org/pals.asp
- Rainbows: Guiding kids through life’s storms - Rainbows provides a bridge to emotional healing for youth and their families that are grieving a death, divorce, separation or any other painful transition in their family. It is a safe, loving environment for these young people to sort through their pain and confusion. http://www.eriercd.org/charities7.asp
- Community Support Services for Bereaved people.
- Diocesan & Community Services
- Counseling (professional): Counseling through Catholic Charities for individuals, family, couples, adoption, gambling, drug and alcohol addiction, pregnancy, and refugee. http://www.cccas.org/counseling_erie.html
- Disability and Deaf Ministries http://www.eriercd.org/charities6.asp
- Child Protection & Internet Safety
- Erie Diocesan Office http://www.eriercd.org/protectyouth.htm
- National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD TDD, for the hearing impaired: 1-800-2-A-CHILD http://www.childhelpusa.org This hotline’s staff answers questions, gives advice and provides information regarding reporting abuse and other related topics. Trained counselors are available at no cost 24 hours a day to talk with callers on a confidential basis.
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children http://www.missingkids.com Offers information about how to report missing children and tips on how to protect children online.
- Child protection and Internet Safety resources - collection of helpful web sites and phone numbers: http://www.eriercd.org/pdf/resources.pdf
- Marriage & Family Life