- Parish Alive - A parish based retreat on a Friday and all day Saturday closing with the evening Mass. Talks on spirituality and discipleship are given by parishioners. An opportunity to deepen one's relationship with God and put a spark into your prayer life. More info when available
- Cursillo - What is Cursillo? ** Make** a friend, **Be** a friend, **Bring **a friend
The Cursillo (kur-SEE-yo) Movement in the Diocese of Erie has been active
since 1963. To understand what the Cursillo Movement is all about, a
person must first realize that the Cursillo Movement is a method of
spirituality. This method for living one´s faith has a twofold goal. The
first goal is the internal renewal of the person. The second goal is the
Christianizing of the person´s environment. The first goal is seen as the
absolutely necessary step to achieve the second goal. But the Cursillo
Movement´s philosophy is that the first goal is meaningless unless there is
also a sincere commitment to the second goal.
*What are the requirements to join the Cursillo Movement?*
Any adult man or woman of any faith can make a Cursillo in the Erie Diocese.
For married couples it is required that the spouse make his Cursillo prior
to the wife making hers however single women are welcome at any time.
information can be found on the Cursillo web site, from any current
Cursillista, by talking to your Priest or by emailing
email@example.com or by contacting OLM Cursillo Parish
2014 Cursillo Calendar
Date · Event · County · Location · Time · Notes
April 4/10/14 - 4/13/14 · Men's Cursillo #229 · Erie · Harborcreek - Our Lady of Mercy · Thursday - Sunday · Spanish Language Cursillo
May · 5/15/14 - 5/18/14 · Women's Cursillo #235 · Erie · Harborcreek - Our Lady of Mercy · Thursday - Sunday · Spanish Language Cursillo
June · 6/19/14 - 6/22/14 · Men's Cursillo #230 · Elk/Cameron · St. Marys - Elk County Catholic High School · Thursday - Sunday
July · 7/17/14 - 7/20/14 · Women's Cursillo #236 · Mercer · Hermitage - Kennedy Catholic High School · Thursday - Sunday
August · 8/15-17/14 · Cursillo Picnic · Erie · Fairview - Camp Sherwin · All Weekend · Picnic on 16th
September · 9/4/14- 9/7/14 · Men's Cursillo #231 · Crawford · Linesville - St. Philip Parish · Thursday - Sunday
October · 10/16/14 - 10/19/14 · Women's Cursillo #237 · Erie · Harborcreek - Our Lady of Mercy · Thursday - Sunday · Not a firm date as of 1/18/14 per Fr. Dan at Secretariat
November · 11/20/14 - 11/23/14 · Men's Cursillo #232 · Erie · Harborcreek - Our Lady of Mercy · Thursday - Sunday
December · · · · ·
- Camp Notre Dame - Located near the shores of Lake Erie in Fairview, Pennsylvania, Camp Notre Dame is open year-round with programs for the entire family. Camp Notre Dame began its humble beginnings with the purchase by the Catholic Diocese of Erie of 185 acres in Fairview Township.
- Benedictine Sisters of Erie -
- Young Adult Inspiration -
|Villa Maria, Villa Maria, PA 16143
For GPS use ZIP Code 16143 along with address of building where you wish to arrive:
Chapel, Conference Center and Administration Bldg -
225 Villa Marie Road
Marian Hall - deliveries, visitors, US Post Office, The Villa Shoppe - 288 Villa Drive
Assumption, Humility and Visitation Halls - 318 Villa Drive
Villa Maria Apartments - 380 Villa Drive
Villa Maria Farm - use address: 288 Villa Drive
VMESC - Begel Hall - 2067 Evergreen Road
VMESC - Potier Center - 2105 Evergreen Road
|Bethany Retreat Center
P.O. BOX 129
FRENCHVILLE, PA 16836
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO BETHANY RETREAT CENTER
BETHANY RETREAT CENTER was established in 1982 by the Anawim Religious Community of Frenchville, Pennsylvania. It is a place apart to rest, renew and be recreated for those seeking a deeper relationship with God.
- From the West: From I-80, take Exit 120, Clearfield, then Rt. 879 East towards Karthaus. Travel 15 miles to Frenchville.
- From the Southeast: Route 322 to Philipsburg to Route 53 North and travel 4 miles. At Pacific Pride Gas Station / Convenience Center, turn left onto Deer Creek Rd. Go 12 miles to the T, turn right onto Rt. 879 in Frenchville.
- Arriving in Frenchville from any direction: Go 1/4 miles past Frenchville Country Store, turn right onto VFW Rd. (our sign is there). Go 1.5 miles to the T, turn right. Bethany is on the right.
Located on 140 acres of partially wooded land in the hills of Pennsylvania, the atmosphere is quiet and peaceful -- only 15 miles off Interstate 80.
- Phone: 585-973-2470
- P.O. Box 100
West Clarksville, NY 14786
At St. Bonaventure University
- Phone: 716-375-2096
- P.O. Box AR
St. Bonaventure, NY 14778
As a contemporary expression of early Franciscan life, we celebrate prayer, work and leisure daily, open to our guests. We believe the peace we seek is healing and lasting and "makes all things new."
We live in the Allegheny hills of Southwestern New York State, less than two hours from Erie, Buffalo and Rochester. Mt. Irenaeus rests on 387 remote acres including forest and clearings with at least 10 miles of trails, six prayer cabins varying in size, Holy Peace Chapel and our large community House of Peace.
|St Thomas More & other centers in the Franklin, PA area
Here are some Retreat Centers available in our area: (Some are Catholic Retreat Centers but they are quiet places dedicated to prayer.) Usually the cost is nominal to very reasonable most around $20-25 per night some allow a stay on a freewill offering basis.
Retreat Finder Directory of Personal Retreats and Facility Rentals
- Life Ministries Retreat Center, Box 311, Franklin, PA, 16323, 814-437-6251 (rate $25 one night/ $40 two nights)
- Seneca Hills, P.O. Box 288, Franklin, PA 16323, 814-432-3026 (www.senecahills.org)
- Whitehall Camp, Emlenton, PA 16373, 724-867-6861 (www.whitehallcamp.org)
- St. Thomas More House of Prayer, RR1, Box 199b, Cranberry, PA 16319, 814-676-1910 (new facility near Franklin, PA)
- Olmstead Manor Retreat Center, Box 8, Ludlow, PA 16333, 814-945-6512
Many other Retreat Centers are available in other areas:
|Antiochian Village Retreat Center
From the Pennsylvania Turnpike
Conference and Retreat Center
140 Church Camp Trail
Bolivar, PA 15923
Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76) to Exit 91 in Donegal. Follow the signs to Route 711 North. Proceed on Route 711 North for approximately 15 miles, and you will cross Route 30 and drive through "downtown" Ligonier. You will go around the Gazebo in the center of the town, and continue on Route 711 North. After approximately 4 miles, you will see a Sheetz Gas Station at a fork in the road. Bear left, staying on Route 711 North, and it is approximately 4 miles from that point. The entrance of the Antiochian Village will be on the right hand side.